The School rules reflect the school community’s expectations in terms of acceptable standards of behavior, attire and personal presentation in the widest sense. Students are expected to follow the school rules at all times when on the school premises, representing the school, attending a school activity or when clearly associated with the school or whenever/wherever wearing school uniform. Students have the responsibility:
• To attend school regularly and punctually. • To respect the right of others to learn. • To respect their peers and teachers regardless of ethnicity, religion or gender. • To respect the property and equipment of the school and others. • To carry out reasonable instructions to the best of their ability. • To conduct themselves in a courteous and appropriate manner in school and in public. • To keep the school environment and the local community free from litter. • To observe and follow the uniform code of the school. • To read all school notices and bring them to their parents’/guardians’ notice.
1. GENERAL CONDUCT Students are representatives of our school from leaving home until they return and are thus expected to set themselves a high standard of behavior both inside and outside the school.
2. THE SCHOOL UNIFORM and GROOMING should be worn tidily and correctly both at school and between home and school. The full school uniform must be worn at all times. Shirts are to be tucked in; socks are to be pulled up; Where a situation arises concerning a student’s uniform, written requests for temporary wearing of non-regulation items must be referred to The Dean or The Principal. No visible jewellery is to be worn. No piercings tattoos are allowed. A student’s hair must be kept clean and tidy at all times. The fringe when straightened /combed down must not hang in the eyes. The style of the hair should not be extreme, hair must be tied up and braided for girl students. The colour must be the student’s own natural colour; no dye nor highlights are allowed. Make-up must not be worn.
3. The following are not to be brought on to the school premises: • Alcohol or drugs in any form. • Chemicals. • Cigarettes or tobacco. • Knives or other weapons. • Matches/lighters/explosive or dangerous material. • Pornographic or any other offensive material. • Cameras. • Skateboards or scooters or similar. • Expensive bicycles or bicycle accessories or other costly equipment. • Mobile phones are not permitted in the School. If a student uses a mobile phone in the school premises in contravention of the school’s policy, he will be suspended accordingly. Mobile phones will be confiscated and destroyed in any circumstances.
4. Devices (Laptops / Notebooks / Tablets) • Devices will be permitted in school. • Students will be able to use them in class as learning devices with the express permission of the teacher. • Students will not be permitted to use devices in the school grounds during Interval and Lunch or any other time. If a student uses a device inappropriately, or in contravention of the school’s policy, he will be suspended accordingly. Devices will not be confiscated except in circumstances where a member of staff considers the device to be a harmful or disruptive influence. The security and protection, within reason, of the device will be the responsibility of the student.
5. The following are strictly forbidden on school property when students are under school discipline or attending a school function: • smoking and the use of alcohol or other drugs, or being in the company of those who are smoking or using alcohol or drugs. • distributing of literature or any form of written matter (without the prior permission of the Dean or the Principal).
6. Cyber Safety The students are bounded by the rules of the School’s cyber safety while using school’s internet or intranet services during their computer lab or any other practical times.
7. BULLYING. Any form, verbal or physical, or any means of bullying or victimisation is strictly forbidden.
8. LITTER. It is the responsibility of every student in the school to ensure that the school is free from litter. Students are also encouraged to take the responsibility for litter in their immediate vicinity and place any litter in the trash cans placed around the school premises.
9. Wandering: Students are required to attend all classes and remain in the school premises. No student may leave the school premises during interval or lunch without prior permission. When leaving school during the day to attend dental/medical or similar appointments, the students must obtain prior permission from the Dean or the Principal.
10. LEAVE APPLICATIONS. Parents must consider carefully the effect on learning and the consequences of asking for leave during school time. The process of applying for leave is for parents/guardians to write to the Principal well in advance, notifying dates and the reason for absence. Each application is considered fully by the student’s Teachers/Principal, before being granted.
11. LATES. All students must be at school by 8.15am. Latecomers must report to the Principal’s Office before going to class. The student will only be admitted to class by the teacher upon presentation of a “Late Pass” from the Principal.
12. ABSENCES. Parents must know if your ward is going to be absent for any reason to call the Principal’s Office by 9 am and send leave note duly signed by the parent with reason for the absence by the next working day.
13. All articles of clothing, shoes, books, bags and other personal property should be clearly marked with the student’s name. No responsibility can be accepted for unmarked property. Students losing or finding lost property should in the first instance report to School Office.
14. Own transportation: BICYCLES are to be kept in the racks provided in the prescribed enclosure. This is under close surveillance during the school day but students are strongly advised to secure their bikes with a lock. Basic Traffic rules & road safety rules must be obeyed while using the bicycles. Bicycles may not be ridden in school premises. It is compulsory for all students riding bicycles to school to wear helmets. MOTOR VEHICLES students wishing to bring motor vehicles or motor cycles to school must follow basic Traffic rules & road safety rules. Motor vehicles can be parked on school parking and are not to be driven inside the school premises. It is strongly recommended to the Parents to not to give their wards motorcycles unless they hold a valid driving license.
15. DAMAGE of any kind must be reported immediately to the Principal or the Dean. In the case of willful damage or negligence, boys will be expected to contribute part or in whole of the cost of repair.